Week 13- Chill and reflect

 This week, thanks to Dr James Humberstone, we had a lesson of getting any blogs/work done. This lesson was much needed because I needed some down time to chill and talk. I love to talk and chill with people. 

As a matter of fact, I am writing this blog right now in week 13. I thought I would write a reflection on the Music technology course and what I learnt. 

I am currently in 3rd year Music Education and this has (by far) been the most inspiring and motivating semester for education for me at my time at the con. James and Brad have been the most inspirational people for education and have made me think about my goals and inspirations for teaching in the future. 

To be quite honest, I have always wanted to compose and arrange as a full time job. I still do. It is what I want do achieve after uni. I went into the Music Education degree because it was a "good backup". But now, being exposed to all these cool ways of teaching has made me want to teach even part time. It would be so fulfilling seeing the students really enjoy music making. 

One thing that soon out to me during my time in this course is all the things that are "in" and cool right now you can implement into the class. Ableton would be a great example. Kids would love to be a "DJ" and play the the Ableton push for a unit of work.  


Comments